Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!). What to Serve with Beef Cheeks. Beef cheeks are fabulous served with mashed potatoes, steamed rice or buttered noodles, with cauliflower rice being a keto option. You can also add a side vegetable such as broccoli, Brussel sprouts, spinach, carrots or parsnips.
Another starchy treat that will satisfy your hunger. Two classic comfort foods in one meal; it doesn't get much better than that. Picture it: a warm bowl of beef stew partnered with velvety potatoes folded with sour cream and butter. You can cook Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!)
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 bottle of red wine.
- It’s 700 g of beef cheek.
- You need 1 stick of celery.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 2 punnets of chestnut mushrooms.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of anchovies.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare Stick of thyme.
- You need of Plain flour.
- You need 2 of onions.
- Prepare 500 mL of chicken or beef stock.
- It’s of Orange zest (quarter of an orange).
- You need of Potatoes.
If that image doesn't make your mouth water, I don't know what will! If you are going to serve your stew with mashed potatoes or even a rice pilaf you may want to leave out the potatoes and instead add some turnip, parsnips and green beans. Next day beef stew is also amazing with some dumplings dropped on top and steaming in the gravy while the stew is warming up. Lastly, add the beef cheeks, wine, and beef stock.
Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!) step by step
- Dust the cubed beef cheek with flour and Brown the meat in a frying pan.
- Put the meat to one side and add the chopped vegetables (carrot, onion, celery). While the veg softens finely slice the mushrooms..
- Add meat and stuff and veg to Stew pot. Meanwhile add mushrooms to frying pan and cook down. Add any liquid from the mushrooms to the stew pot for added flavour and to avoid steam mushrooms in their own juice..
- Add mushrooms to the stew pot. Deglaze pan with red wine, boil off the alcohol and add to the pot with stock, herbs, roughly cut garlic, seasoning, anchovies, orange zest and tomato paste..
- Cook on a low heat for three hours, tasting every hour. TIP: add in extra tomato-based and stock if a bitter taste emerges. Add small amount of vinegar if too sweet..
- Prepare mash 30 minutes before desired eating time.
Mix the cornstarch and water to form a paste. Slowly mix into the slow cooker. Serve & Enjoy. what to serve with beef stew. In the beef ossobuco's home ground in northern Italy, polenta is often used as a side. Polenta is essentially a sort of porridge made from cornmeal.