Easy Sausage & Bean Stew. Explore The Variety Of Different Brunchables. Try Them Today At Your Local Grocer! Easy Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Elbows.
Turkey sausage, sweet butternut squash, earthy mushrooms, shallots, and spinach come together to make a big bowl of delicious comfort. The colors stay intact, and the sausage is perfect for sopping up with some crusty French bread. Best of all, it's fast and easy, and you can dress it up or down. You can cook Easy Sausage & Bean Stew using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sausage & Bean Stew
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil (veg or olive is fine).
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, cut into 1/4" cubes.
- You need 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- You need 4 of large cloves garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 Tablespoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt to start.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of vinegar (apple cider preferred, but white or red wine will work in a pinch).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 40 oz. of can of beans of choice, well drained (I used pinto.).
- You need 1 (14 oz.) of sausage link, cut into 1/4" thick coins (I used plain smoked sausage.).
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted chicken, beef, or vegetable stock (water's fine in a pinch).
- You need of optional: 1 Tablespoon hot sauce of choice.
A roundup of quick and easy dinner recipes that feature ground sausage, in links or in bulk. Ideas include tomato risotto, sweet potato hash, a cheesy frittata, and more. It's basically just a really good, really easy dinner waiting to happen. Add the sausage to the stuffing cubes and veggies.
Easy Sausage & Bean Stew instructions
- Preheat the oil in a pot to medium and sweat the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until the onions turn translucent..
- Stir in the bay, cumin, thyme, paprika, oregano, and ketchup..
- Add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, beans, sausage, and stock, (and also your hot sauce if you choose to add it) stir to incorporate, turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes..
- Adjust the seasoning if needed (but remember all the flavors – especially the salt – will intensify a bit during the next step where you're cooking partially uncovered and the liquid reduces)..
- Crush about 1/3 of the beans with a masher, turn the heat to low, and simmer with lid askew for another 15 minutes. Crushing some of the beans releases their starch and thickens the sauce..
- Enjoy over steamed rice. (Or with crusty bread or mashed potatoes or whatever works for you.).
Then add the broth, egg, herbs, salt and pepper. Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing; Easy Sausage and Herb Stuffing Easy Sausage and Peppers made from Italian sausage, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning is the perfect thing to bring to a potluck, or make in bulk for a party. I love pulling out some crowd favorites when I'm hosting a party, like my Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Paella, Make Ahead Sausage Hash Brown Casserole, and Spicy. Whether you prefer it spicy or sweet, sausage is a versatile family favorite with guaranteed flavor. Cook up classic and creative dishes, like stew, jambalaya, Spanish-style.