Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots. Buttery mashed potato and sweet sautéed carrots round out this hearty meal. Chefs, get ready for some serious comfort food. We're smothering pan-seared chicken in a creamy, milk-based gravy—which gets its warm, woodsy flavor from fresh sage, one of the season's finest herbs.
Creamy, velvety texture that is full of flavor & low in calories. Unlike bland potatoes, carrots already have a ton of flavor. I just season them with a little butter, chicken stock, salt and pepper and they taste amazing. You can have Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆steak◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1-1/4 pounds of top sirloin steak.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆gravy◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of water more if needed.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ carrots◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆gravy ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of carrots.
- You need 1 tablespoons of water.
Baked Potato (loaded- butter/sour cream/cheese/bacon, or chili and cheese) Sweet Potato (honey, cinnamon caramel sauce, toasted marshmallows) Mashed Potato Steak Fries Seasoned Rice Fresh Vegetables. Beef sirloin cubes browned with garlic then simmered in tomato sauce and red wine until tender. I used paste to thicken and it worked perfectly. This works really well in the crock pot outstanding!!!
Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots instructions
- Melt butter chop the onions coarsely. Add to butter..
- Slightly caramelize.
- Add steak salt and pepper the steak.
- When the steak has browned add, garlic, flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- When the flour has been incorporated add water till your desired thickness.
- Stir and let the gravy simmer with the sirloin.
- Melt the half stick of butter. Cut the carrots for easy fast cooking. Add salt. Let it caramelize really good it will look black. Mash them leaving lumpy. Stir in water, getting them semi creamy lumpy goodness..
- Serve with gravy atop the carrot. I hope you enjoy!.
Carrots, steamed and mashed, make a simple side dish that goes well with seared steak, roast beef, or barbecued ribs. Wash carrots thoroughly and scrape them. Boil until tender, in mildly salted water. Take out and drain; mash them fine and add generous chunks of butter. Salt and sprinkle with black pepper.