American virgin of African Peanut butter stew. American virgin of African Peanut butter stew My husband is from Burkina Faso and he loves the peanut butter stew. We do have a couple of African stores that's sales the spices but we moved and we don't have one close. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally to distribute the peanut butter.
Add collard greens, sweet potato, peanut butter, and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring until peanut butter dissolves into broth. Serve stew topped with millet, peanuts, cilantro, and lime wedges. You can cook American virgin of African Peanut butter stew using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of American virgin of African Peanut butter stew
- You need 8 of cut in half Chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of Onion.
- You need 4 of Celery.
- Prepare 2 of Bell pepper.
- It’s 3 of Tomato.
- You need Half of can Tomato paste.
- It’s 5 of Carrots.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
- You need of Salt for taste.
- It’s 3 of table spoons Garlic powder.
- It’s 3 of table spoons Onion powder.
- It’s 4 cubes of Maggie.
When hot, add the pork cubes and cook until soft. Stir in the garlic, curry powder, coriander, cumin, and crushed red pepper. On the other hand, this stew may not be a suitable home staple for practical reasons, as biltong is quite expensive. If you don't want to spend that much money, you can still make this stew.
American virgin of African Peanut butter stew step by step
- Get medium pot. Put the stove on high heat then add olive oil..
- Once the chicken is washed and cleaned place it in the pot. Then flip the meat every 5 minutes until you can no longer see the pinkness of the chicken..
- Then dice the onion, celery, bell pepper, and tomatoes. And place in the pot then mix with the chicken. Add all the spices onion powder, garlic powder, Maggie 4 cubes, and salt..
- Mix and wait until the vegetables cook down..
- Then add the tomato paste.
- Lower heat and let cook for 20 minutes..
- Then add 4 table spoons of peanut butter. And let cook for 30 minutes..
- Add 3 cups of water depending on how thick you want the stew..
- Add salt for taste. Put the stove on high heat. Then place your cut carrots inside the pot and start cooking your white rice..
- Let cook on high heat for 30 minutes. Then let cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Then 20 minutes on lower heat..
- Let cool then bon appetite. Eat it over rice..
If you like the idea of a peanut stew, try maafe, a peanut butter soup. But the legume of African peanut/groundnut stew fame is, in fact, the annual vine Arachis hypogaea, which most Americans know as the peanut. This legume grows in both Africa and the southern U. S., and originated in South America. Both Arachis hypogaea and Apios Americana are known as "earthnut," depending on the part of the world.