Brunswick stew. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. In a large pot over high heat, combine the salt pork, chicken and water and bring to a boil. Brunswick stew doesn't get much easier than this recipe calling for cans of prepared beef bbq, pork bbq, crushed tomatoes, cream-style corn, and chicken.
Brunswick stew is a tomato-based stew generally involving local beans, vegetables, and originally small game meat such as squirrel or rabbit, though today often chicken. The origin of the stew is unknown. The states of Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia all claims to its birth, with Brunswick County in Virginia and the city of Brunswick in Georgia both maintaining it was developed there. You can have Brunswick stew using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brunswick stew
- You need 1 of onion cut large half pedals.
- Prepare 1 of large can whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of cream style corn.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 pound of pulled pork.
- It’s 1/2 of of one rotisserie chicken chopped up small.
We now use it as an accompaniment to barbecues. It is delicious picnic fare when served with country ribs, coleslaw or potato salad. When I make this stew, I double the recipe and freeze small portions so we can enjoy it at several meals. —Alyce Ray, Forest Park, Georgia Brunswick stew is a deliciously simple Southern dish made of meat, veggies, and a tomato-based broth. Similar to burgoo, this stew recipe has a barbecue twist.
Brunswick stew step by step
- Place all items in a crockpot cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Enjoy. I love simple and easy. This is good to.
- You can add a little of your favorite BBQ sauce for more flavor !.
If you're wondering where the Brunswick stew got its name, the answer is trickier than you might think. Where Brunswick stew originated causes heated discussions in the South. Supporters on both sides hotly dispute which state possesses bragging rights. Brunswick Stew: You'll need these ingredients. I know it looks like a lot of stuff, but you'll only need a small part of the vegetables shown.