GUDEG (Young Jackfruit Stew) #instantpot. There are two young jackfruit dishes that are super famous in Indonesia, one is Padang jackfruit curry, and the other one is Yogyakarta jackfruit stew, lovingly called gudeg Jogja in Indonesia. Gudeg is traditionally slow cooked in a claypot for hours until all the liquid and spices have been absorbed by the jackfruit and the jackfruit meat is. Gudeg is the primadonna of Yogyakarta cuisine.
The most famous jackfruit dish in Indonesia is gudeg. Originated from Central Java, gudeg – Indonesian jackfruit stew is a must have when you visit the city of Jogjakarta. If you can get a hold of canned young jackfruit in your Asian market, do give this recipe a try 🙂 Gudeg The Sweet Jackfruit Stew of Yogyakarta – Yogyakarta, the cultural heartland of Java, is not only famous for its keraton or royal palace and well preserved Javanese traditions that highlight the people's daily life, but also its distinct culinary scene. You can cook GUDEG (Young Jackfruit Stew) #instantpot using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of GUDEG (Young Jackfruit Stew) #instantpot
- You need 2 cans of (@ 280 grams) drained young jackfruit.
- Prepare 8 of large soft boiled eggs, peeled.
- You need 2 of chicken leg quarters.
- It’s 250 gram of coconut sugar.
- It’s 60 ml of water.
- It’s 5 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of dried galangal (about an inch long each).
- You need 2 cans of (@ 400 ml) coconut milk.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 3 of tea bags of black tea (optional).
- You need of 👉I used tea bags to be able to get dark color that I can't get from the coconut sugar. In Indonesia coconut sugar has darker color than what I can find here.
- Prepare of Grind the following spices into paste :.
- It’s 25 grams of garlic.
- Prepare 100 grams of shallot.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ground coriander.
- Prepare 4 of candlenuts.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
If there is one dish that truly distinguishes Yogyakarta and everything it stands for, it would be none other than: Gudeg. Gudeg is a dish of stewed young jack fruit commonly served with meat and white rice. Young Jackfruits, also known locally as gori, is surprisingly tasty after cooking. Cooked over low heat with coconut milk and palm sugar, and thicken during cooking with bumbu mix consisting of an amazing combination of spices and herbs.
GUDEG (Young Jackfruit Stew) #instantpot instructions
- Mix coconut sugar, spice paste and 60 ml water..
- Place in order chicken, jackfruit, eggs, bay leaves, galangal, coconut sugar mixture, tea bags into an electric pressure cooker. Add coconut milk and 500 ml water..
- Close the lid and turn the vent into sealed. Cook on manual on high pressure for 60 minutes. When it's done, do a quick release. Take out the tea bags..
- Serve gudeg with warm steamed rice and drizzle the broth over it..
Gudeg Gudeg is Indonesian green jackfruit stew. But when it done, you will fill delicious from this food 🙂 GUDEG (YOUNG JACKFRUIT STEW) Gudeg is one of the most iconic traditional local cuisines in Yogyakarta. Treat your tastebuds to this exquisite sweet young jackfruit stew slow cooked for hours on end, infused with coconut milk, palm sugar and various spices. You can enjoy this unique burst of flavour on its own, or team it up with steaming hot. The wet Gudeg has more coconut milk sauce which resembles gravy.