Sweet spicy stew pork. I don't know about you, but this is dinner bliss for me. While I do love a good soup, a stew is a great alternative for dinner, all on its own. Spicy, smoky chipotle chiles and chili powder add long-cooked flavor to this quick pork stew.
Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and increase heat to high. Take the recipe for Korean beef stew a la House of Kimchi, substitute pork belly for the beef and you have a holiday-perfect sweet and spicy pork stew. You can cook Sweet spicy stew pork using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet spicy stew pork
- You need 3 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Lemongrass chopped smaller.
- It’s of Aniseed.
- You need of Dry chilies.
- It’s of Leek.
- You need of Big chili.
- Prepare of Pork (can be chicken n beef meat too).
But why substitute pork for beef at all? If you're feeding a huge crowd for the holidays, you cut down on cost. If you're concerned about the length of cooking time, pork cooks in half the time. Stir in the honey, the remaining cumin, cinnamon, garlic and chilli.
Sweet spicy stew pork step by step
- Prep all your ingredients as seen below in the picture. And heat your pot and cooking oil,fry your pork meat whatever meat u can cook,chicken n beef too. I do this step to get my meat abit more crunch and the texture are chewy instead too soft.beside the gravy from meat make it more tastier.then put aside once it turn abit yellow golden color..
- Use the same pot I add abit of cooking oil,and fry my garlic,dry chilies,lemongrass until golden color and add in aniseed(make the dish smell so good)..
- Then add in your pork and black pepper,water about a cup,then your sauces.stir and leave it for about 10-15minute with low heat until it left with not much and abit thick gravy and add in leek and slices of big chilies as garnish and looking good.haha… then it is ready to serve. Happy meal and happy try.
Season with salt and mix well. Add the pork and toss to coat. In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil until pork is browned on all sides.