Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork. Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup. Of course you can make it with any kind of sausage you want but if you do you are no longer making Creole Red Beans and Rice. Great recipe for Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork. #mycookbook The apple cider vinegar and ginger is really what makes this dish unique and stand out in taste!
This recipe includes sausage, but if you want to make it without meat, you can still make this dish into a full meal because the rice and beans combination has. Whip up a batch of this handy Creole seasoning to add a little oomph to your every day dishes or reserve it for the most wonderfully tantalizing and simple red beans and rice you've ever had. The slow-cooker does the work so you can stay out of the kitchen on hot days and warms you up from the inside out on the cold days! You can have Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork
- It’s 1 of pd small red beans.
- You need 1 of pd large red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 of pds pulled pork or smoked sausage of your choice.
- Prepare 5 slices of bacon.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chicken bullion base.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar (optional).
Be forewarned: this smells so good while it's cooking that you may feel. Home » Slow Cooker » Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice – Popeyes Red Beans and Rice Recipe. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice – Popeyes Red Beans and Rice Recipe. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Food.
Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork instructions
- Cover beans with water and allow to soak overnight. Then, drain beans and remove any bad ones. Set aside..
- Chop bacon into half inch pieces and saute until golden brown and grease is rendered. (I use a magnelite Dutch oven).
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and jalapeno and saute until fragrant and onions are translucent and slightly carmelized..
- Make a paste out of the 2 tbsp of ginger and add to pot. (You can buy ginger already pasted at grocery store) Cook another two minutes..
- Add enough water to cover beans two and half inches then add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) on low for two and a half to three hours. Serve over rice..
- I garnished mine with sour cream, jalapeno, dill weed and peperoncini pepper.
Carolina Style Crockpot Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Pork and Beans. Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Crockpot Chicken Sauce Piquante Old School BBQ Chicken Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place roast in the bottom. In a small bowl combine diced onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, pineapple and red pepper flakes. Mix well and pour over the roast. Cook on LOW for about eight hours until pork is completely cooked through.