You can cook Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- It’s 3-4 pound of beef roast.
- It’s 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of worchestire sauce.
- Prepare of RUB – I tbsp each salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- You need 1 packet of beef stew seasoning (any brand).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Pot Roast step by step
- Mix ingredients for rub. Use 3/4 of it to coat all sides of roast..
- Heat skillet on high. Add worcestershire sauce. Sear each side of the roast in a very hot pan..
- Place roast in center of roasting pan. Cut potatoes into 4s. Place potatoes and carrots around roast. Sprinkle the reminder of the rub over meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Mix beef stew packet with 1/2 cup water. It will be thick! Drizzle it all over the meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Cover and bake at 250 for 2 1/2 hours. After the first hour add a 1/2 cup of water. Baste every half hour..
- After finished cooking let sit for 15 minutes. Slice meat..
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots. Broth will be thick and rich! Enjoy!.
- I've made this for large gatherings. Always a crowd pleaser!.
- Another look at a larger roast. Just add extra potatoes and carrots!.