Brad's cottage pie. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. If you use lamb instead of beef you can call it a shepherd's pie.
Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. Classic Cottage Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. It's very easy to make and a perfect recipe to feed the entire family. You can cook Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- It’s of the veggies.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- You need 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need of the potatoes.
- It’s 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s of milk.
- You need to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- You need 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef I called this recipe Shepherd's Pie. But, I wrote the recipe so that you could use ground beef or. Lets enjoy a delicious Cottage Pie & many other Pakistani English Recipes in Cottage Pie.
Brad's cottage pie step by step
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a big helping of home-cooked cottage pie. Traditional English Cottage Pie With Cheese and Leek Topping. Shepherd's Pie/Cottage Pie: When I was very young, I think I was at a family reunion, I ate shepherd' pie for the first time, and it was soon good! Then I grew up, and after years of trying friends or.