Chicken stew. Chicken stews are just about the most comforting comfort foods out there. Find recipes for slow cooker chicken stews, chicken and dumplings, Brunswick stew, fricassee, and other stews from around the world. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Whip up a big batch of hearty chicken stew with easy to prepare recipes and helpful tips from the expert chefs at Food Network. This chicken stew is a hearty blend of tender chicken pieces, potatoes and vegetables, all in a thick and hearty broth. The perfect comfort food classic to warm up with on a cold day! You can cook Chicken stew using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken stew
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Light soya sauce.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Garlic (optional).
- Prepare of Onion (optional).
- You need of White radish.
- You need of Lotus root.
- You need of Bamboo shoot.
- Prepare of Shiitake mushroom.
- It’s of Enoki mushroom.
- Prepare of Celery.
- It’s of Ginger.
- You need of Tomato.
My family loves soup, and I love that it's an easy, one pot dinner. This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew and Pot Roast.
Chicken stew step by step
- Add water in the pot at least half full (medium size pot).
- Add in 1 tea spoon of salt and 1 table spoon of soya sauce, 1 tea spoon of sugar and add in small portion of ginger and 1 tea spoon of vegetable oil.
- Separate the chicken bone and the meat apart and throw half or more meat depending on your serving (throw in with bone if you're lazy to remove the bone from the meat).
- Slice all the ingredient to how ever size and shape you like them to be.
- And finally you can literally throw all the ingredient in the pot after it start boiling.
- Boil on high heat for 10 minute and turn it low heat and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Note : The soup may taste odd at first if you haven't let it boil together with the meat and vegetable since we're not using stock.
- Those ingredient i wrote optional is because i don't exactly like garlic and onion but im sure it will taste better for the rest of you..
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies. How to Make Stew Chicken Stew.