Chicken Stew. Chicken stews are just about the most comforting comfort foods out there. Find recipes for slow cooker chicken stews, chicken and dumplings, Brunswick stew, fricassee, and other stews from around the world. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Whip up a big batch of hearty chicken stew with easy to prepare recipes and helpful tips from the expert chefs at Food Network. This chicken stew is a hearty blend of tender chicken pieces, potatoes and vegetables, all in a thick and hearty broth. The perfect comfort food classic to warm up with on a cold day! You can have Chicken Stew using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew
- You need 1 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger cut in julienne.
- You need 2 of green chillies cut in julienne.
- It’s 2 of cardamom.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 5 of pepper cones.
- You need 2 of stem curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of onion thinly slices.
- You need 1 of carrot cut in equal cubes.
- You need 1 cup of coconut thin milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut thick milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cashew paste.
- You need 1 tbs of ghee.
- You need 2 tbs of shallots.
- You need 1/2 tbs of pepper powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need of Coriander leaves to garnish.
My family loves soup, and I love that it's an easy, one pot dinner. This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew and Pot Roast.
Chicken Stew instructions
- Boil the below ingredients, max 2 whilst Chicken +Ginger + Green Chilly + cardamom +cloves + cinnamon + curry leave + salt (don't grind them).
- Put coconut oil in a pan and Sauté onion (just translucent) Add Green Chilly + Curry leave + potato + carrot Add thin coconut milk and boil..
- Add boiled Chicken and stir gently.
- Add thick milk and Cashew paste, dont over boil just simmer..
- Add Tomato, cut in length wise or round.
- Take a pan add Ghee, dry pepper, shallot, curry leaves.
- Add coriander leaves to the stew. Serve hot..
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies. How to Make Stew Chicken Stew.