You can cook Bitterballen using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bitterballen
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- It’s 10 of shallot.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 250 gr of flour.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- It’s of Celery.
- You need of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
Bitterballen step by step
- Boil the chicken breast then cut into small pieces.
- Boil the carrots then cut into small pieces.
- Sift the flour before roasting it, then sift again..
- Blend onions, pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Then sauteed with margarine until it turns to golden brown..
- Next, put the chicken carrots, celery and pour a little of chicken broth..
- Add the flour little by little and keep stirring up the dough until it turns to thick roux..
- If you satisfy with the taste, turn off the stove, let it cool..
- Beat the egg, prepare the bread crumb and preheat the oil..
- When the roux cools, make a ball with any size you like. Dip in the egg, roll in in the bread crumbs (do this step twice to get a thicker skin)..
- Next, deep fry the bitterballen..
- Optional sauce: tomato sauce, mustard, mayonaise, cheese..