Thai green curry. Thai green curry is a variety of curry from Thailand using coconut milk and fresh green chillies. This recipe in particular is for those who are after something super simple, a quick to throw. Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner.
Make this with chicken or even entirely meat free. With a sauce this good, you can put anything in it – and it will taste amazing! If you love Thai food, I am sure you know Thai curries, named after the color of the curry paste used to make the curry, for examples: red curry and yellow curry. You can cook Thai green curry using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai green curry
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts. Sliced.
- It’s Handful of baby corn on cob.
- It’s Handful of mangetout.
- It’s Cup of Savoy cabbage.
- You need Tin of light coconut milk.
- You need Tablespoon of Thai green curry paste.
- You need Splash of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 of nests of noodles.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
There are also Panang curry, Jungle curry, Massamam curry, etc. This Thai green curry chicken recipe features chunks of tender chicken simmered in a homemade green curry sauce along with green beans and bell peppers. The result is an aromatic dish that is beautiful to serve, especially when entertaining. The name "green" curry derives from the color of the dish, which comes from green chillies.
Thai green curry step by step
- Gather ingredients..
- Slice chicken and cut corn in half. Length ways..
- Add chicken to wok or pan and fry in a little olive oil..
- Add curry paste. Stir..
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Stir. Add salt and pepper..
- Add corn and cabbage..
- Simmer for approx 20 mins. Add noodles and simmer for approx 4 mins..
- Add mange tout just before serving..
- Serve with rice or as it is..
The "sweet" in the Thai name (wan means 'sweet') refers to the particular color green itself and not to the taste of the curry. As this is a Thai curry based on coconut milk and fresh green chillies, the color comes out creamy mild green or, as this. Get a taste of the Far East with these fragrant, creamy Thai green curries. Our recipes include a classic chicken version, plus veggie, vegan and healthier variations. Thai green curry: home-cooked vs. street food.