Sweet and sour chicken with rice. Directions In a nonstick skillet, cook the chicken, carrot and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the zucchini, peas and red pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, pepper and pineapple juice until smooth.
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice, is a a seriously easy, and seriously flavorful meal option, where the chicken is cooked in the same pot as the rice for a quick, low mess Chinese inspired dinner! Best and easiest sweet and sour chicken I have tried on this site! I made a few changes out of neccesity using a can of cubed pineapple with about half of the syrup and snow peas instead of the celery and gr. peppers. You can have Sweet and sour chicken with rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken with rice
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red capsicum.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green capsicum.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped yellow capsicum.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of tomatoe sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
Tonight I will make again using the exact recipe! Spoon the rice into the space and break up any clumps with a fork. Add vegetables, pineapple with juice and sweet and sour sauce; mix well. Skip the take-out and make this Sweet & Sour Chicken Fried Rice instead.
Sweet and sour chicken with rice step by step
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate..
- Add onion, red, green, yellow capsicum cook for 1 minute. Add lime juice, sugar, chicken stock and bring to a simmer..
- Simmer until sauce begins to reduce..
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice..
Thank you to Minute® Rice for inspiring this recipe and sponsoring this post. Recipe and opinions are my own. My kids love rice, especially rice from our favorite Mexican restaurant or Chinese take-out. You'll sear succulent chicken breast to tender perfection, smother in tangy sweet and sour sauce and serve over fluffy white rice. Hawaiian Fried Rice with Easy Sweet and Sour Sauce.