Chicken and blue cheese pasta. Heat olive oil in pan and add chicken, salt and seasoning. Add pasta, chicken, bleu cheese and milk into small pot and heat until cheese is melted and sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and transfer the chicken to a plate using a slotted spoon.
When it comes to comfort food a pasta dish would have to be one of the top favorites. Eating pasta especially with a delicious creamy sauce not only satisfies the taste buds but makes one feels so good inside. Oh yum, this blue cheese chicken pasta salad with chopped spinach is amazing! You can cook Chicken and blue cheese pasta using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and blue cheese pasta
- It’s of Blue cheese (1 block crumbled).
- Prepare of Chicken breasts sliced.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 50 g of Flour.
- It’s 1 of Onion (finely diced).
- It’s 1 packet of Penne pasta.
- Prepare to taste of salt & black peppercorns.
- It’s of Vegetables (optional).
- You need 50 g of butter.
If you love all these flavors, then it's the perfect bowl of pasta salad for you to enjoy. Based on our favorite popular salad, this recipe has added ditalini so the dish isn't too overwhelming with starch. Fresh, sweet broccoli, tender pieces of chicken and curly pasta all wrapped in a creamy blue cheese sauce. This is a simple and tasty dinner to try out any night of the week.
Chicken and blue cheese pasta instructions
- In a pan melt 2 tbsp butter. Add chicken strips, salt and black pepper. Add vegetables and allow to cook stirring continuously..
- For the sauce melt butter in a pot. Add onion, salt and pepper..
- Add milk and flour a little at a time until desired consistency. Add blue cheese and grated cheddar cheese..
- Cook penne according to packet instructions. Mix cooked penne with the chicken, veggies and sauce. Enjoy.
While the pasta is boiling: Melt butter in sauce pan over med-low. Pour in half& half, let heat through. Wisk in blue and parmesan cheeses. Sauce will thicken a bit upon standing. Gorgonzola has a very smooth, creamy texture that makes it perfect for sauces.