Chicken Stroganoff. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, then drain. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
Dredge chicken in seasoned flour to coat. In a large skillet, brown coated chicken in melted butter or margarine until golden. In a medium bowl combine the soup, half-and-half, dry onion soup mix, parsley, garlic, mushrooms, nutmeg and browning sauce. You can have Chicken Stroganoff using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Stroganoff
- You need 3 of chicken breasts sliced.
- Prepare of Chicken spices.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of chicken stock.
Mix all together and pour mixture over chicken in skillet. We've swapped traditional beef for chicken and added earthy cremini mushrooms to our one-pan version. We love it over egg noodles, rice or whatever you have on hand. This chicken stroganoff brings together the rich flavors of crimini mushrooms, sour cream and Progresso™ chicken broth.
Chicken Stroganoff instructions
- In a Pyrex dish, add chicken and spices.
- In a pan, melt butter and fry onions till it softens.
- Then add sliced mushrooms and the pepper and fry.
- Add mix to Pyrex dish on top of spiced chicken.
- Add cream and chicken stock then bake in the oven for 40 minutes or 1 hour. You can decorate the dish with fried shredded potato.
Sprinkle a garnish like fresh thyme, basil or parsley on top for a finishing touch. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Beef Stroganoff is a retro classic we'll love forever.