Spanish chicken and chorizo. Pile into a large roasting tin with the chorizo and olives, toss with the remaining oil, then sit the chicken on top, skin-side up. Scatter over the tomatoes, spoon over the vinegar, season and tuck in the thyme sprigs. Serve with crusty bread, pasta or potatoes.
It's a great weeknight dish that comes together quickly! What's not to love about one-pan meals? They're easy to cook, easy to clean, and even easier to eat! You can cook Spanish chicken and chorizo using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish chicken and chorizo
- It’s 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of sliced chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of yellow pepper sliced.
- Prepare 1 of courgette cut into small pieces.
- You need 100 g of chorizo sliced.
- Prepare 100 ml of red wine.
- You need 400 g of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 400 g of tin butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock cube.
- It’s of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley.
- It’s of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
And this dish of chicken, chorizo, and rice is… Chorizo: You can use either Spanish or Mexican chorizo to make the chicken and chorizo stew. There is a difference between Spanish and Mexican chorizo, in case you want to know that. They are definitely not the same thing and it is usually recommended not to use the two sorts of chorizo interchangeable. Place the rice in a deep bowl and cover with water.
Spanish chicken and chorizo step by step
- Heat the oil, add the chicken, season with the pepper and fry for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the onion, pepper, courgette and chorizo to the pan and fry for 3 minutes stirring reguarly.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, butterbeans, tomato puree, oregano, chilli flakes and chicken stock cube to the pan. Half fill tomato tin with cold water and pour into the mixture and stir. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, return the chicken and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thicke.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with either green beans or rice.
In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper, to make the spice rub. Put the chicken breasts into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic and paprika. Add all the chopped vegetables and chorizo and pour over the tomatoes. This Spanish-style chicken bake from The Hairy Bikers is a one-pot wonder that's made with juicy chorizo, chicken and veg – perfect for a midweek supper or a weekend alternative to a weekend roast. Because everything cooks together, this really allows the flavours to come together nicely.