Chicken Black Pepper. I just love this chicken stir-fry recipe, and the aroma is out of this world! The dish is slightly sweet and very peppery, so you may want to serve it over white or brown rice to tame the heat. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota. This black pepper chicken is inspired from my love for black pepper, and how much I love it in my Asian stir-fries.
It takes almost same time as battered and fried chicken (staple Chinese take-out cooking technique) but chicken comes out super moist. almost soft like silk. While many black pepper chicken dishes Americans love aren't traditional Chinese cuisine (American style Chinese food is thicker, has more sauce, and tends to combine ingredients not usually combined in regional Chinese dishes , the dish has become a staple on many Chinese restaurant menus. Moist chicken cubes seasoned with a tasty, tangy sauce, black pepper chicken (黑椒鸡丁) is an easy Chinese stir-fry dish not to miss. You can have Chicken Black Pepper using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Black Pepper
- You need 500 g of boneless, skinless Chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of brown onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 3 tbsp of white vinegar, divided.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of sliced ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of spring onion,cut into 1-2 inch.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, seeded and cut into strips.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
I've been publishing quite a few dough-based recipes recently and some of my readers have asked if I can share some Chinese stir-fry dishes for a change. Real-deal Chinese restaurant-style black pepper chicken with juicy and tender chicken, crisp veggies, and a rich, savory, smoky sauce. Place cornstarch in a small bowl and begin to dust chicken pieces, shaking off excess. Remove oil from wok and discard.
Chicken Black Pepper step by step
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk soy sauce, ground black pepper, half of the vinegar, and honey.Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, then add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated chicken with juices and cook for 3 minutes. Add chilli strips, ginger and the remaining vinegar, stir and cook until chicken is cooked through.Add spring onion, stir to combine and turn the heat off.
- Tadaa, all done..
- Spoon chicken alongside Basmati rice and some salad👍❤️.
Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken is marinated ginger soy chicken, in a peppery black pepper sauce with celery and onions that tastes exactly like the Panda Express version you love! And really low in fat and WW points! This is my first post of the new year and it seems only fitting that it is a Panda Express recipe copycat. The super fast Thai chicken noodle bowl that looks like takeout, but tastes so much better…and it's healthier too! Quick-cooking chicken tossed in a sweet, tangy, and spicy Thai style black pepper sauce with plenty of broccoli, cashews, and basil.