Classic Thai Spring Rolls 🍴. This classic Thai spring rolls recipe results in hot and crunchy rolls with a flavorful filling. A great tasting filling really is the key to spring roll success. Part of what makes that happen is the fact that the filling ingredients are stir-fried before they're rolled.
The three classic spring roll dipping sauces are: peanut dipping sauce, Vietnamese nuoc cham (fish sauce), and hoisin sauce. Classic Thai Spring Rolls 🍴 step by step. To make the stir fry sauce: Gather the ingredients. You can have Classic Thai Spring Rolls 🍴 using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Thai Spring Rolls 🍴
- You need of For the Stir-Fry Sauce:.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or vegetarian stir-fry sauce).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of For the Filling:.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast (sliced into thin strips).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 piece of ginger grated.
- You need 3 of green onions sliced lengthwise.
- It’s 1 of red chili pepper (minced).
- Prepare 1 of carrot (grated or sliced into matchsticks).
- You need 4-6 of mushrooms (sliced into small pieces).
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of cabbage finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cups of bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Optional: 1 lime (juiced).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh coriander (roughly chopped).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 12 of spring roll wrappers.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and white pepper. Set aside to be used when making the filling. This classic Thai spring rolls recipe results in hot and crunchy rolls with a flavorful filling. A great tasting filling really is the key to spring roll success.
Classic Thai Spring Rolls 🍴 step by step
- To make the stir fry sauce: Gather the ingredients.In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and white pepper..
- Set aside to be used when making the filling..
- Make the filling: Toss the chicken strips in 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Set aside to marinate..
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons oil, then add garlic, galangal or ginger, green onion, and chili pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute..
- Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, and cabbage along with the stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry 2 more minutes, until the chicken is opaque when sliced through and the vegetables have softened but still retain most of their crispness..
- Remove from heat and mix in the bean sprouts.Test it for salt and flavor. Add 1 more tablespoon of fish or soy sauce if it's not salty or flavorful enough. If it's too salty, add a squeeze of lime juice..
- For assemble the roll: Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean working surface. Using a slotted spoon, place one heaping tablespoon of well-drained filling lengthwise across the bottom of the wrapper, leaving 1 inch bare on either side..
- Sprinkle some of the fresh coriander over the filling, and you're ready to roll.Fold the left and right ends over the filling on either side..
- Then lift up the bottom (nearest you) and roll to the other end.Secure the roll by dipping your fingers in some water and wetting the end, "pasting" it shut..
- Continue rolling until you're out of wrappers and filling..
- Frying : In a wok or deep-sided frying pan, pour oil until it is 1 inch deep. Heat over medium-high heat..
- When snake-like lines begin to form across the bottom of the pan, the oil should be nearly hot enough. To test it, dip one corner of a spring roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle and cook, the oil is ready. If not, wait another 30 seconds to 1 minute and try again..
- Gently place spring rolls in oil, allowing them to fry about 1 minute on each side. Spring rolls are done when they turn light to medium golden-brown. Use tongs to remove and set on paper towels or a clean tea towel to drain while you finish frying the rest..
- Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce..
Part of what makes that happen is the fact that the filling ingredients are stir-fried before they're rolled. Brush the remaining open wrapper with the beaten egg and roll up the rest of the way. Repeat the procedure with remaining spring wrappers. Add oil in a wok and place it over medium heat. Add the rolls in the heated oil and fry until light golden (turning the sides continuously) Take them out on a paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed by the towel.