Beer Brats in Brei with Brownbread. See great recipes for Beer Brats in Brei with Brownbread, Leah's Matzoh Brei too! See great recipes for apple beer chicken, Crockpot Beer Chicken too! See great recipes for brat stew too!
You can find a bewildering array of bratwurst at your local supermarket, from spicy Italian bratwurst to beer bratwurst. One variety that you may not have tried is a cheddar brat. Cheddar bratwursts have the cheese inside, forming a juicy, cheesy filling. You can cook Beer Brats in Brei with Brownbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Brats in Brei with Brownbread
- Prepare 5 of Beer Bratwurst.
- You need 5 of small potatoes, peeled and cut in large cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sauerkraut, lightly drained.
- It’s 4 tbsp of applesauce.
- It’s 1 can of decent lager beer.
- Prepare 1 tsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cube of Knorr Caldo de Pollo bouillion.
- You need 1/4 tsp of caraway seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fresh cracked pepper.
American Style Pale Ale Mudpuppy Porter A recipe so good, we make it over & over. These are Kansas City beer brats, featuring Boulevard brewing's Pale Ale. Bratwurst is a German sausage that is most commonly made with Pork. This is the low-carb version with no bun, but you can definitely use a bun if you prefer.
Beer Brats in Brei with Brownbread step by step
- Peel and slice the onion in thin, half moon, slices..
- Peel and cut the potatoes in large chunks..
- Toss the sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, caraway, pepper, applesauce, brown sugar, mustard, and bouillon in the crockpot. Stir well and combine..
- Nestle the bratwurst into the sauerkraut, potatoes, and onions. Add the 12oz. Can of beer..
- Set the crock pot to the "high" setting, cover tightly, and let go for 6 hours. Serve with mustard and buttered Pumpernickel (brown bread)..
Serve it with an Oktoberfest beer or German-style lager. The best way to cook bratwurst. There are a lot of ways to cook Bratwurst sausage. You can boil, roast, grill or steam them. Combine your Brats and beer in a grill-able container such as a small cast iron pan.