Lebanese_chicken_shawarma. This is a flavorful chicken dish, which I first tasted at a little Lebanese restaurant. While normally shawarma is sliced off a rotisserie, it can be made at home with just a few changes. Chicken Shawarma is a popular gourmet sandwich that you can get at Middle Eastern restaurants.
Just a handful of every day spices makes an incredible Chicken Shawarma marinade that infuses the chicken with exotic Middle Eastern flavours. This Lebanese Chicken Shawarma is so wonderful, I thought I would like to share it with you. Not only is it delicious and full of the flavour, but it looks so great too. You can cook Lebanese_chicken_shawarma using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebanese_chicken_shawarma
- You need 1 kg of chicken breast (sliced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar as desired.
- It’s 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground coriander seed.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of seven spices.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves – minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground arabic gum (misstica).
All of these fantastic middle east spices are dancing in your mouth. Add in the marinade spices, then seal the bag and shake to combine. This easy, healthy homemade chicken shawarma is a huge fan-favorite around here, for good reason! The secret is in the simple shawarma spice mixture, which makes all the difference.
Lebanese_chicken_shawarma step by step
- In a deep bowl, mix vinegar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, olive oil, cumin, lemon zest, seven spices & arabic gum.
- Add the mix to the chicken and cover. Allow to marinate for 3 hours or overnight..
- When ready to cook, put the marinated chicken in a baking dish brush with olive oil..
- Place the baking dish in the oven at 170 degrees for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is fully cooked and crisp.
- Serve the shawarma hot next to pita bread, garlic sauce, french fries, pickles and vegetables as desired..
- By: Rasmia Majzoub.
A Mediterranean inspired dish loaded with tons of spices and baked until golden brown! After my recent trip to Israel I was on a mission to replicate the chicken shawarma I had! Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Make chicken: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings. Add chicken and toss to coat.