Chinese noodles. Whether thick or thin, sold dry or fresh, or made with wheat flour, rice flour, or mung bean flour, noodles are a staple in Chinese cooking. From longevity noodles to hearty Zhajiangmian, as well as a quick-and-easy lo mein dish, here is a selection of the nine most popular Chinese noodle recipes. Top Brands. left hand navigation Skip to Search Results.
Noodles are an essential ingredient and staple in Chinese cuisine. Chinese noodles vary widely according to the region of production, ingredients, shape or width, and manner of preparation. They are an important part of most regional cuisines within China, as well as in Singapore, and other nations with sizable overseas Chinese populations. You can cook Chinese noodles using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese noodles
- You need 1 pack of egg noodles.
- You need 1 cup of Brocoli.
- It’s 2 of chicken breast sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of onions diced.
- It’s 1/2 cups of red and green pepper Sliced.
- You need 3 of tables spoon soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of table spoons tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 tea spoon of to taste.
- It’s 3 table spoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 tea spoon of black and white pepper.
- It’s 1 of tables spoon corn flower.
- It’s 1 cup of mushroom.
- You need 1 of teas spoon minced ginger and garlic.
Chinese-style noodles have also entered the cuisines. Cook and stir in hot oil until firm. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside. Heat the oil in the wok over a high heat.
Chinese noodles step by step
- Heat some oil on a non stick pan.
- Add the chicken, minced ginger and garlic and stir fry.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from heat and keep aside.
- Per boil the egg noodles and drain.
- Add some oin on a pan.
- Add the red and green capsicum and onions.
- Add the brocoli and mush room then stir fry for 1 minuite.
- Add the chicken and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add the egg noodles and mix thoroughly.
- In a cup, mix the chicken stock, soy sauce, ketchup, corn flour and whisk together.
- Pour it on the ongoing egg noodles.
- Add the black and white pepper, salt and sesame oil.
- Cook for two minutes, turn of the heat and serve.
Once hot, add the garlic and ginger. Chinese noodles, known collectively as mien, fall into three main categories. The most common are wheat flour noodles, which can be made with or without eggs. While today wheat flour noodles are enjoyed throughout China, they originated in the north, where wheat is a staple crop. Chinese Beef Noodle Soup (红烧牛肉面) Hot noodle soup topped with tender braised beef is a super satisfying bowl of comfort.