Cantonese Noodles with Chicken, Prawns and Vegetables. I have mentioned which noodles you can use to make this dish below. I have used medium-sized shrimp which I have cleaned properly and removed their veins. You can also choose chicken, pork, or beef in this recipe.
ADD the scallions and garlic and stir-fry for a minute, then return the cooked shrimp to the wok. Cantonese style noodle means the white color gravy is cooked with stock soup and egg whites. It can be cooked with kuey teow, bee hoon or wanton noodles. You can have Cantonese Noodles with Chicken, Prawns and Vegetables using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cantonese Noodles with Chicken, Prawns and Vegetables
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of medium onion sliced.
- You need 2 cm of ginger, thinly sliced.
- You need 200 grams of rice noodles.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of veg oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare 8 of large prawns, tailed and cleaned.
- You need 4 of squid, sliced into rounds.
- You need 1 of chicken breast, sliced.
- It’s 1 of carrot julienne.
- You need 2 of bok choy, cut into 2 inch pieces and separate the stalks.
- It’s 4 of baby corns, halved.
Not much seasoning is required for the egg noodle, soup and soy sauce will bring out its tasty flavours. Rice Noodles with Chicken and Prawns are healthy dish, full of vegetables, that is easily prepared for lunch or dinner. Vegetables are quickly stir-fried in oil, some chicken stock is added, then rice noodles are directly cooked in the same pot. It is seasoned with ginger, cayenne pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
Cantonese Noodles with Chicken, Prawns and Vegetables instructions
- Heat a wok or non-stick pan with 1/4 cups of vegetable oil. Once hot, fry the noodles, turn once and fry till noodles until crispy and very lightly browned. Fry the rest of noodles and transfer into a bowl and keep warm in the oven to maintain it's crispness..
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pot. Fry the garlic till fragrant then in add in the onions. Add in the chicken pieces and stir fry for two minutes. Now add in the squid and prawns and stir again for another fwo minutes. Add in the boiling water and the chicken stock cube. Bring to boil and add salt to taste..
- Add the carrot baby corns and bok choy stalk. Let boil then simmer for few minutes till softened..
- Dissolve the cornflour in half cup of water and add in the sesame oil. Give it a good stir and pour it into the simmering sauce to thicken it. Add in the eggs slowly and keep stirring using a chopstick..
- Spoon the sauce on to the crispy noodles. Serve immediately with pickled chillies.
Chow mein noodles are stir-fried with chicken and vegetables in a soy sauce-based marinade in this Cantonese chow mein recipe.. You can use pancit noodles or Cantonese noodles for the chow mein.. I d like to substitute shrimp for the chicken. Portions are a little small for our big family so I doubled. Lo Mein (same as above but the Cantonese noodles are mixed with the ingredients) or Garlic War Mein (soft egg noodles) Chow Fun (wide, flat rice noodles) -Beef with Green Onion and Beansprouts-Beef and Chinese Broccoli-Seafood with Vegetables (shrimp, calamari and scallops mixed with a medley of vegetables)-Chicken, Tomato & Green Pepper in a.