My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃. And this Carolina Style Barbecue Chicken couldn't be simpler to make. You could also make the sauce in advance, I like to mix up a big batch and store it in the fridge for barbecue chicken emergencies. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
Allow the chicken to rest for five minutes then serve with extra Carolina Gold sauce, if desired. Lock lid and close the pressure-release valve. Sear the pieces in oil on all sides in a Dutch oven. You can cook My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃 using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts sliced into strips.
- Prepare 1 tbls of Deep South Brown Sugar Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 bottle (140 g) of Smokey BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1 tbls of Mustard BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Sweet Bell Pepper cut into chunky pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of Large onion cut into strips.
One slight correction.tip, Either North Carolina sauce is still my go-to for pulled pork, but I've found that South Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce is great on chicken & absolutely incredible on beef short ribs. I can also say that Heinz Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce is pretty great when you don't want to make your own. We look forward to seeing you soon! At this point, all that was left was to transfer the wings to a bowl and toss them with my South Carolina-style mustard barbecue sauce—a recipe I recently tinkered with to make it all the better.
My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃 step by step
- Cut the Chicken into thick ish strips..
- Next add them to a bowl and mix in the Brown sugar Seasoning mix in well.
- Next add the mustard sauce and mix in.
- Add the smokey BBQ sauce and the olive oil mix it all together and let it marinate for 1-2 Hours..
- Cut the onion and sweet pepper up ready..
- Preheat the oven 180°C. Add the strips on a parchment paper on a oven tray and cover with foil. Add to the oven cooking check after 20 minutes just stir them up a bit and add the peppers and onions replace the foil to finish off cooking. Turn oven down to 160°C.
- For the last 20 mins add the Sweet pepper chunks in the tray with the chicken also onion strips. Then last 5 mins take cover off..
- I made jacket potato to go with mine and Beans with BBQ sauce added lovely they are..
- Serve Hot..
Now I love a great ribs, and those South Carolina mustard ribs were mighty fine, but for my money, the rub and sauce was even better on wings. So with all due respect, I'm going Carolina-style with this recipe. Eastern North Carolina, to be exact. The specialty there is a thin but boldly flavored sauce made of vinegar with a bit of cayenne-inspired spiciness. My mouth waters just thinking about it (not kidding).