Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado. Thin strips of chicken breast are simmered in broth with jalapenos, onion, garlic and lime and then combined with avocado and topped with crisp corn tortilla strips in this spicy soup. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, and rotisserie chicken now if using. Important tip: Add avocados to individual servings unless you plan on serving all of the soup right away.
Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve. Add the tomatoes, and simmer for another five minutes. Taste and adjust salt, then stir in the chicken breast and chopped cilantro. You can have Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado
- It’s 6 of corn tortillas, juilienned.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- It’s 8 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, diced and tossed in a bit of lime or lemon juice.
Cover and let sit for five minutes. Divide the avocado between four soup bowls. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cumin, season with salt and pepper to taste and add chicken breasts. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion, Chicken Avocado Soup is the perfect springtime or summer entree.
Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Baked tortilla strips until lightly browned and crispy, 3-5 minutes..
- In a large sauce pot cook onion and garlic in the oil until browned, 4-5 minutes..
- Add chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is fully cooked..
- Add cilantro and season to taste..
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro and crispy tortilla stripes. I like a bit of extra fresh tomatoes as well..
In Mexico, chicken soups such as this one are eaten year-round in small portions as a first course or in large bowls as the main dish of a meal, with fresh lime juice squeezed into the broth right before eating. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a plate. Stir in chicken, chicken stock, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Stir in avocado and coriander and heat through. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.