Green Chile Chicken Stew. Put the chicken in a large pot over medium heat and add water to cover. Add the cumin, thyme, marjoram and basil. Remove the chicken from the pot and allow it to cool.
Green Chile-Chicken Stew All the big flavors from a south-of-the-border Posole are found in this freezer-friendly stew. Ideal for feeding a crowd during a gameday party , serving the family for a weeknight meal, or enjoying the leftovers for lunch, this recipe deserves a spot in your list of favorite cool-weather soups and stews. Though pork, beef or lamb are more traditional for green chile stew, this chicken version is a bit lighter, quicker to cook and still packs a punch. You can cook Green Chile Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Stew
- It’s 2 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 large of onions, chopped, separated.
- You need 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of tomatillos or tomato, diced.
- Prepare 2 can of diced green chiles.
- It’s 1 can of diced jalapeños.
It's not a dish for the faint of heart. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the chicken stock, green chiles and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the. Add chicken and stir until completely cooked.
Green Chile Chicken Stew step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine first 9 ingredients (only one onion) in a medium pot. cover ingredients with water and stir. bring to simmer over medium heat. cook for 25 minutes..
- remove chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. set aside broth..
- meanwhile combine tomatillos or tomato, chiles, and peppers into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Stirring occasionally, roast in oven for 20 minutes..
- puree roasted chile mixture in a food processor gently until it is chunky. set aside..
- add remaining 1 onion to medium pot with a tablespoon of broth and caramelize the onion. About 15 minutes. add broth and bring to simmer. add chicken and take off heat. serve over long grain white or brown rice..
- This is an altered version of an original recipe. I do not take credit for the original recipe. You can find it here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/10/green-chile-and-chicken-stew.
About to Can some Chicken Green Chili Stew and came across your recipe, caught my eye because you specifically called for Hatch Chile. In a large large stock pot or Dutch oven set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. DIRECTIONS Broil green chiles in the oven turning often to evenly darken skin making sure they don't burn. A hearty green chile chicken stew with red potatoes. The chicken stew, made with stock and Mexican-style beer, simmers in the oven until the chicken is falling-apart tender.