Almond Chicken. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Tender chicken, vegetables, and fried almonds, bathed in a soy based sauce, tastes just like a Chinese restaurant favorite. Mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl, set aside.
Roll chicken pieces in cornstarch mixture and deep fry until golden brown. Almond Chicken – tender and juicy chicken stir-fry with almonds, peas and carrots in Chinese brown sauce. So good and much better than takeout! You can cook Almond Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond Chicken
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts; sliced thin on bias.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion; medium dice.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper; medium dice.
- It’s 1 bundle of scallions; sliced thin on bias.
- Prepare 1 C of almonds.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger; grated & finely minced.
- Prepare 1.5 C of rice.
- Prepare 4 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 C of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 C of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/3 C of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 C of coconut oil.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & white pepper.
So good and much better than takeout! Almond chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes here in the United States. Chicken breasts with a crunchy breadcrumb-and-almond-sliver coating are a light and satisfying springtime entree. Serve them with Orzo with Peas and Mint and Romaine Salad with Prosciutto Crisps.
Almond Chicken instructions
- Combine rice and 3 C chicken stock together with a small pinch of salt in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Cook 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let steam 5 minutes. Do not remove lid prior..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan or wok. Season chicken with salt & white pepper. Sear in batches and remove chicken from pan..
- Add peppers and onions. Saute on high heat until nearly tender..
- Add chicken, almonds, garlic, and ginger. Saute 1 minute..
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, coconut oil, rice vinegar, and remaining chicken stock together. Add to pan. Cook 1 minute..
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add to pan while stirring..
- Add scallions and toss. Reserve a few scallions for garnish. Serve over rice..
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions..
- Variations; Coconut milk, mirin, tamari, leeks, carrots, red onion, jalapeños, habanero, celery, bacon, corn, cilantro, coriander seed, dried red chiles, chives, crushed pepper flakes, serrano peppers, yellow or orange bell pepper, orange juice, cashews, peanuts, peanut oil, baby corn, roasted garlic, lemongrass, mango, mushrooms, mustatd powder, wasabi, canola oil, corn oil, beef, pork, shrimp, ponzu, star anise,.
Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Crunchy tempura battered chicken sets on top of wilted lettuce and then gets topped with an almond gravy, sliced almonds, green onions, and hot Chinese mustard. I've been craving this chicken for awhile and knew that I had the perfect batter recipe but just needed to master the sauce. Toss chicken with dressing in resealable plastic bag.