Autumn Chicken Stew. Remove the seeds and any fibrous bits and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with parsley or additional pumpkin pie spice. The leaves are turning, the wind is picking up, and there's a slight nip in the air, so different from the swollen August heat.
Remove from Dutch oven; cover to keep warm. Courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Take advantage of the best of fall's flavours with this autumn stew. You can have Autumn Chicken Stew using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Autumn Chicken Stew
- It’s 4 tbsp of chilli flavoured olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of Inches fresh ginger, grated or 1 teaspoon ground ginger.
- It’s 500 grams of Pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, remove the seeds and any fibrous bits then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of boneless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 2 of -4 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 400 grams of , 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch and 3 tablespoon water for thickening the stew depending how you like it (optional).
- It’s 400 grams of 2 cans chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of I didn't use sugar nor the cornstarch to thicken.
- You need of My Modifications.
- You need 1 of I used potatoes instead, same grams.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh tomatoes chopped same grams.
- It’s 2 of cubes.
- You need 400 grams of raw chickpeas, rinsed well and cooked for 4 hours or used the directory on the pack. Drained once cooked.
- It’s 1 of Canole oil, a bit more than the requirement.
- You need 1 of Seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Apples, Dijon mustard, cabbage, and carrots all combine in this one-pot dish to fill your house with familiar aromas. Autumn Carrot and Chicken Stew in a Slow Cooker. slowcooker-chicken.cooktopcove.com Jess. loading. Directions at slowcooker-chicken.cooktopcove.com Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own.
Autumn Chicken Stew instructions
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- stir in the cinnamon and ground ginger if using.
- Add in the chicken and fry until both sides are lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and sugar if using.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cubes.
- Add chickpeas and either pumpkins, squash or potatoes.
- Add a bit of water if you are using potatoes.
- Mix very well, cover and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Add fresh ginger if you are using half way through this process.
- Once either pumpkins, squash or potatoes is cooked, you can thicken your stew with the cornstarch and water depending on your preferences.
- Stir in chopped coriander just before serving.
Top with chicken; sprinkle with the sage, salt and pepper. Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces and return to the slow cooker. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into. Name * Combine fall favorites — pork, apples, and root vegetables — in this slow cooker stew.