Lemon Chicken. Chicken and pan-fried potatoes baked in a potent lemon, garlic and herb sauce. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Coat the chunked chicken lightly in flour, seasoned with a little salt.
The chicken breast is generously coated in parmesan and pan-fried to give it a crispy crust. The chicken is then smothered in a lemon butter sauce with garlic that adds so much flavor to the chicken. The lemon sauce for chicken should just lightly coat the chicken pieces so that every bite of is complete with a crunchy texture, perfected with a sweet, aromatic, and tart flavor from the lemony sauce. You can cook Lemon Chicken using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts; sliced very thin.
- It’s 1 of large jalapeño; thin half moons.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; medium dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 C of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 C of lemon juice (freshly squeezed only).
- Prepare 2 T of cornstarch + more for dusting chicken.
- You need 1/2 C of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 T of sesame oil.
I also like topping the chicken with some white sesame seeds, as they immediately dress up the chicken with a nice presentation. Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce Once you've tried this tangy, yet delicate lemon chicken piccata, you won't hesitate to make it for company. Whether it's sticky lemon chicken or a simple roast, this humble citrus fruit takes it to the next level. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Lemon Chicken step by step
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and sesame oil overnight..
- Pat dry with paper towels..
- Combine stock and lemon juice. Grate the garlic into the mixture and stir..
- Cover chicken with enough corn starch to coat..
- Heat a large saute pan with plenty of oil. This is a pan fry, not a saute..
- Shake off excess cornstarch. Fry chicken in two batches as not to overcrowd the pan. Set chicken aside atop paper towels..
- Add onion and jalapeño. Fry quickly over high heat until onion softens, about 1 minute..
- Add sauce and scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add chicken. Cook 30 seconds..
- Whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour into the pan while stirring. Cook 1 minute to thicken sauce and reheat chicken..
- Variations: Rice vinegar, mirin, tamari, ginger, chives, crushed pepper flakes, tamarind, orange, habanero, almond, cashew, arugula, spinach, asparagus, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, artichoke, avocado, green beans, bell pepper, broccoli,cardamom, celery, carrots, cauliflower, chives, coconut, coriander, corn, edamame, eggplant, fennel, whole grains, hazelnut, honey, leeks, lime, ponzu, mushroom, mustard, oregano, pasta, peas, pecans, poppy seed, radicchio, radish, wild rice, rosemary, saffron.
- Cont'd: shallot, sugar snap peas, squash, tea, tarragon, tofu, wasabi, white wine, white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, sherry vinegar, white vinegar.
Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. How to Make Lemon Chicken First you'll pound the chicken breasts out until you've got fairly thin chicken cutlets. For a shortcut here you could buy thin cut chicken. Then season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge each side in flour. Place chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.