Chicken Piccata. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Chicken piccata is nothing more than chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, and served with a sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and either stock or white wine.
Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Easy chicken recipes are my go-to dinner choice. You can have Chicken Piccata using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 1 lb of thin sliced chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- It’s 1 of flour for dredging.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 clove of peeled garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of capers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 box of angel hair pasta.
My chicken piccata pasta dish is ready to serve in a half hour. It takes just a few minutes in the oven to bake to tender perfection. —Hannah Williams, Malibu, California Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Use angel hair to complement the light—but powerful—sauce.
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- In skillet over medium heat, heat 3 tbsp. of oil and 2 tbsp. of butter. Add chicken, cook 4 min, flip and cook 4 min..
- Remove chicken, pour in 3 tbsp. oil and remaining 4 tbsp. butter. Add garlic and juice of 1 1/2 lemon and cook 3 min. Add lemon slices of 1/2 lemon and remove after 2 min..
- Add capers and cook 4 min. Pour in wine and boil. Pour in chicken stock and cook 4 min. Add chicken to mix and cook 10 min. Serve over pasta..
This recipe uses half the oil than the classic without sacrificing any of the flavor. If you don't have a meat mallet or small heavy skillet, try using a wooden rolling pin, making sure all the chicken's pounded into an even thinness so it cooks evenly. Try serving the chicken with mashed potatoes, couscous, angel hair pasta, or roasted seasonal root vegetables for a meal that's easy enough. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off.