Poor mans pot roast (stew meat). Cut slits in roast and push in sections of fresh garlic. Pour mushroom soup over roast, pour Worcestershire sauce over that. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Cooking with kitchen scraps to make a hearty stew!
How long do I cook poor man's stew? Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for HI. Dont have a crock or instant pot. You can cook Poor mans pot roast (stew meat) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poor mans pot roast (stew meat)
- You need 10 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of carrots or baby carrots (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of stew meat.
- Prepare 1 large of onion (optional).
- You need 2 dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Question about my Crock Pot [Help]. SIMPLE Meat and Veggie Slow Cooker and/or Sous Vide Recipe Resources. We have a "poor man stew" recipe growing up but it's different than this!
Poor mans pot roast (stew meat) instructions
- peel and cut potatoes into large. cubes like you would for a roast. each potato will be 6 to 8 chunks..
- place carrots and potatoes in a large soup pot with water filled over top place on medium heat. don't cook too high you don't want mushy potatoes..
- mix flour salt and pepper in a bowl ad stew meat and roll it around in the bowl.. while your coating the meat add a quarter of an inch of cooking oil in a frying pan and put it on a medium heat. once oil gets hot add your stew meat..
- keep cooking your potatoes n carrots while the meat is browning make sure you turn the meat… once meat is done take and drain almost all the water from the potatoes…leave about 2inches of water in the pot..
- after you remove the stew meat your going to add a little more cooking oil to your skillet making sure its about a quarter of an inch high then you take some of the flour(about a cup) you breaded your meat in and add it to the oil. make sure to stir it til it's thick and creamy..
- next slowly mix some water into the mixture make sure to stir the whole time.. pretty soon you will see cream gravy.. you may even have to add more water if it gets too thick as you want it to be the consistency of cream gravy… if it's too thin no worries just add a little milk.
- add the gravy to the potatoes mix well. add water til the ingredients are covered and mix.. it's ok if it looks runny.. turn pot to med low then cut onion into slivers and add.. once the pot starts to bubble turn on low heat.. cook til carrots are tender it takes about an hour.. you will want to stir occasionally and taste and add seasonings to your taste…
- you can make this in a crockpot also after you get potatoes carrots meat and gravy mix you can place in crock pot on low for about 3 hours…
- this is great served with sweet cornbread..
It's ground beef, kidney beans, and veggie soup (the kind w/ ABC noodles). Instant Pot Poor Mans Burnt Ends. You could spend six to eight hours smoking your meat outside in the hot sun and then cut up the meat and add A wonderful side dish for Instant Pot Poor Man's Burnt Ends is my Instant Pot Best Macaroni Salad Recipe. It cooks up quickly and is best to make first, so. Poor man's burnt ends are just as delicious as the traditional burnt ends made from a beef brisket.