My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein. Using slotted spoon, transfer to medium bowl; set aside. Top Tips to Make Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein. You can use a low sodium soy sauce if you wish to reduce the sodium content.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm. I often serve this Vegetable Lo Mein as a side dish to accompany an Asian meal; however, it is also a great vegetarian main course option. You can cook My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein
- You need 1/2 lb of linguine noodles.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstartch.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of la choy soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth (about), divided.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar snap peas, cleaned.
- It’s 1/2 large of white onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion, chopped.
- You need 1 pinch of salt to taste.
The kids love the mild sauce that coats these noodles and they will eat just about anything that I mix into the bowl. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Crisp vegetables and long noodles all combined in a flavorful sauce the entire family will love it! Skip the take out and enjoy this Vegetable Lo Mein dish at home with your family.
My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein instructions
- »again, I don't really measure so the vegetable quantities are just a guess…«.
- »cook linguine in boiling salted water for 8-9 mins, until al dente. drain and rinse with cold water. drain again and refrigerate until needed..
- »cut chicken into thin strips..
- »mix 2 tbsp cornstartch with sugar and blend in 1 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp oil. coat chicken and marinate for at least 30 mins..
- »in a wok or large pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and brown chicken lightly. add garlic and cook 3 or 4 more mins..
- »add 4-5 tbsp soy sauce and 1 1/2 cups of broth, cover and simmer on low heat for 40 mins..
- »add peas and cook for 5 mins, add carrots cook for 5 mins, add broccoli and cook for 10 more mins. ( or until veggies are done to just under your liking).
- »mix remaining cornstartch with 1/3 cup broth, stir into meat and veggies..
- »add white onions and molasses, heat. shredded green cabbage could be added now (I just forgot to pick one up)..
- »stir in noodles and heat through. noodles will be stuck together and "clumpy" but stir them in and the sauce will bring everything together perfectly..
- »season with salt to taste..
- »plate and top with green onions..
- »pairs nicely with my creamy jalapeño won tons!.
This chicken lo mein is sauteed chicken and vegetables tossed with egg noodles in a savory sauce. A remake of the take out favorite that tastes even better than the restaurant version! I love to make our favorite Chinese food dishes at home including crab rangoon , fried rice and this easy and delicious lo mein. For the marinade, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok heat olive oil and saute chicken until done.