Moo Shu Chicken Wraps (crock pot). Place the diced onion in the slow cooker. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and onions to a medium bowl and shred the meat. Mix coleslaw mix and carrots in the bottom of crockpot.
I made this, but with pork and the taste was very good. However for the sake of texture. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender. You can have Moo Shu Chicken Wraps (crock pot) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moo Shu Chicken Wraps (crock pot)
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 small of head of green cabbage, cored and sliced thinly (like coleslaw would be chopped).
- You need 3 large of carrots, shredded.
- Prepare 2 can of sliced mushrooms, 6.5 oz each.
- You need 1 cup of hoison sauce.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 8 of tortilla shells, 10".
- You need 1 packages of broccoli slaw (optional).
Stir in the coleslaw mix, chicken, green onions, hoisin sauce, honey and sesame oil; heat through. Add chicken mixture to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, hoisin sauce and hot pepper sauce.
Moo Shu Chicken Wraps (crock pot) instructions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium high heat in olive oil on both sides and add to crock pot..
- Add the sliced cabbage, the shredded carrots and the drained mushrooms to crock pot..
- Combine hoison sauce, garlic, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add to crock pot and stir to combine..
- Cook chicken mixture on low heat for 4 hours stirring twice during cooking process..
- Heat tortillas according to package directions..
- Spoon an 8th of the chicken mixture on each tortilla shell. Serve as is or top with desired amount of broccoli slaw for some added crunch..
- Wrap up and enjoy!.
- This would also be good eaten over white steamed rice or thin spaghetti instead of in tortilla shells. Pork can be substituted for the chicken..
Pour tomato mixture over chicken mixture. Add chicken and cook another minute or two, to heat through. Stir in hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Place tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Fold each end over, then roll to make an.