Chicken Flourentine. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour to coat lightly. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasonings, and is topped with baked mozzarella.
Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs. Add chicken thighs skin-side down and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate to let rest. You can cook Chicken Flourentine using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Flourentine
- You need 4 of thin sliced chicken breasts.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 tsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of italian seasonongs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 packages of frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed of liquid.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon cooked and crumbled.
- You need 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Chicken Florentine is a delicious chicken and spinach casserole that freezes well. Try my Chicken Stroganoff, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Cheesy Bacon Chicken, and Chicken Fettucini Alfredo. We are now a homesteading family and love our sweet chickens. We utilize them in every way imaginable from pest control (they eat ticks and bugs!) to eggs to the meat.
Chicken Flourentine step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Stirring constantly mix in garlic, lemon juice, white wine, mushroom soup, seasonings, half and half and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and turn off heat.
- Arrange spinach in a 13×9 inch baking pan. Top spinach with mushrooms layer on chicken cutlets.
- Pour sauce over chicken top with crumbled and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 min until bubbly n lightly browned.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
Once browned, remove from pan and place on a warm plate and set aside. Put the last of the butter in the pan and add the crushed garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft. Once soft add the flour to the pan and coat the mushrooms in the flour. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.