Chicken Veronique with walnuts.. This classic French combo of wine, cream sauce, grapes, and (in this case) chicken should be understated and elegant. But misguided modern cooks have made it a messy patchwork. With a spatula, spread oil and butter to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
When the chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, grapes, celery, and walnuts; toss to coat evenly. You can cook Chicken Veronique with walnuts. using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Veronique with walnuts.
- You need 1 of Cooked chicken breast sliced or in chunks.
- It’s 1 of lemon jested and juiced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of halved grapes any colour.
- You need 5 of walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
Garnish with the small grape bunches, if using, and serve. When the chicken is cool, remove meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Meanwhile, place the pecans and walnuts on a separate sheet pan and toast. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
Chicken Veronique with walnuts. step by step
- Jest and juice lemon and add to mayonnaise to taste required remember it is easier to add more..
- Halve or leave whole grapes and add.
- Add chicken and chopped or whole walnuts.
- Serve with rice or on a jacket or with salad. Anyway you fancy. Would also make a good filling for Rolls etc.
Gently fold in the chicken, grapes, celery, onion and almonds. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato. An easy chicken salad recipe loaded with apple, raisins, and walnuts. Use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken for a quick shortcut!