Coconut Chicken Curry. In a large pot or high-sided pan over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil.
With just a few ingredients, this creamy coconut curry chicken goes from good to WOW. Our must have additions: fresh lime juice, finely chopped cilantro (or basil!), a little bit of brown sugar. Other great additions: chopped peanuts or cashews, fish sauce. You can cook Coconut Chicken Curry using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken Curry
- It’s 2 of Chicken breasts, sliced.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Cooked rice.
- It’s 1 of Red bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of Yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped green onion.
Seasoning – Salt and pepper to taste. How to make Coconut Chicken Curry. Cook the chicken: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add the chicken to the Dutch oven and season with salt and pepper.
Coconut Chicken Curry instructions
- Cook rice according to package.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add curry powder and coconut milk and mix together..
- Sauté bell pepper, onion, chicken and garlic in olive oil until cooked through..
- Scoop rice into plate and add chicken and veggie mixture. Top with curry sauce and serve..
Toss chicken with curry powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Coconut curry chicken is rich and warming, with a little spice and a whole lot of coconut cream curry flavor. I serve this keto chicken curry recipe over cauliflower rice for a classic taste, but it would also be fantastic over zoodles ! A few months ago I made Sweet Potato and Chickpea Coconut Curry and since then have fallen in love with all things Thai curry. Boneless chicken breast simmered in a rich and flavourful tomato and coconut sauce, with mild spices that give it an earthy touch, this chicken curry is a perfect midweek dinner recipe for the whole family.