Chicken Chow Mein With Vegetables 🍜. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Enjoy chow mein cooked with chicken and vegetables – a hearty meal. Perfect if you love Asian cuisine.
The word "mein" means noodle in Chinese (hence the name for another popular dish, lo mein) and the word "chow" means fried. Thus, chow mein is a dish of fried noodles, along with vegetables, a protein, and a flavorful sauce. Comforting Chinese made with lean white meat protein, colorful vegetables, and stir-fried noodles tossed in a savory sauce. You can cook Chicken Chow Mein With Vegetables 🍜 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein With Vegetables 🍜
- It’s 2 cup of mushrooms, sliced (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic (or 1 tsp.).
- Prepare 2 medium of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of boneless chicken breasts, sliced or cubed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of sweet yellow or orange pepper, sliced or chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 5 cup of cooked chow mein noodles.
You can't go wrong with restaurant quality Chicken Chow Mein! One of the most popular stir fried noodles the family goes crazy for! Chicken chow mein is probably already one of your favorite Chinese takeout dishes. This one-pan dinner is so satisfying with chicken, vegetables, classic chow mein noodles, and the best homemade chow mein sauce.
Chicken Chow Mein With Vegetables 🍜 instructions
- If using mushrooms saute these first with the butter on medium heat. When water from mushrooms are evaporated, remove from heat and set aside..
- Still on medium heat, add onions and garlic and saute until the onions are almost transparent. Add the chicken and black pepper. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned..
- While chicken is cooking, bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil, add the noodles. When noodles are cooked, drain..
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan, including the mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are tender crisp, or done to your liking..
- Mix soy sauce and corn starch in a small bowl..
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn heat down to medium low. Add the soy sauce corn starch mixture to the pan, stir through. (If it's too salty for your taste, just add a little water at a time, tasting it.) Cook only until the sauce is thickened and bubbly..
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan, lightly toss, making sure that the noodles are coated in sauce. Serve. Enjoy!.
Chow mein are stir fried noodles with vegetables. Often chicken, pork or prawns (shrimp) are added. Preheat a large wok over high heat. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic and chilli. Chow mein is a stir-fry noodle dish that is made in many different variations.