Healthy chicken and rice stirfry. Stir-Fry Chicken and Vegetables "This is one of my favorite stir-fry recipes. Serve over rice." – Michael Scovetta. Kung Pao Chicken "So happy to finally find a simple and delicious Kung Pao recipe!
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add rice and stir thoroughly. On any given day of the week, if you walk into my kitchen, there is a good chance that you'll find me making this Healthy Chicken Stir Fry. You can cook Healthy chicken and rice stirfry using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy chicken and rice stirfry
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 250 grams of quartered button mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 large of green bell peppers, julienned.
- You need 150 grams of mangetout.
- Prepare 150 grams of baby corn broken into bite Size chunks.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, julienned.
- Prepare 4 large of skinned chicken breasts sliced into strips.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of hot Peri peri sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt to season.
- Prepare 1 of freshly cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of crushed dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of masala/chilli powder.
Along with my Salmon Patties and Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits, this Healthy Chicken Stir Fry is a weeknight staple in our house—and has been for years! It's packed full of flavor, and it's bursting with the bright colors and powerhouse nutrition of. This tasty stir-fry meal can be part of a smart eating plan.. The chicken with vegetables in a garlic ginger soy sauce with honey is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Healthy chicken and rice stirfry instructions
- Slice onions thinly and add to wok with a little bit of oil. Cook until translucent but still a bit firm.
- Take onions out of wok, keep aside. Add the rest of the vegetables except the mushrooms to wok. Cook until tender but still crisp. Then remove from wok..
- Add chicken to wok and season with salt pepper thyme masala and crushed garlic. You can add a little bit of oil or water to the wok if it's too dry. Then add sauces. Cook until done..
- Add all the veggies and stir into chicken. You will also add the uncooked mushrooms in now. Stir till well combined..
- Lastly, add the cooked rice and stir into the chicken and veggie mixture. I've coloured the rice yellow by boiling it with a bit of turmeric.
- Cook for a few more minutes till done. The veggies must still be tender but crisp. You can add whatever seasonings you like, and whatever vegetables you like. You could also substitute the rice for noodles. Enjoy!.
While cooking, heat oil in a wok or large pan and stir-fry chicken until almost cooked. Stir-fry the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. In general, stir-fry is healthy, since the speedy, high heat cooking doesn't require much oil or fat. Plus, most stir-fries rely on lean meat or proteins, like chicken, tofu or lean steak.