Pastichio Au Gratin. This is kind of like the pastichio, which is kind of like lasagna, though I think spaghetti au gratin and pastichio are better than lasagna. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and.
Actually, some terms we usually associate with Italian food like lasagna. Today I wanted to share with you a ridiculously tasty meal. The Pastitsio (or Pastichio) is a famous Greek pasta bake with a spiced meat sauce and a silky béchamel. You can cook Pastichio Au Gratin using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastichio Au Gratin
- You need 1 package of Turbular Pasta medium size.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of Ham chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baby Carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled Pasta water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Bechamel Sauce:.
- You need 4 cups of Milk.
- You need 5 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Cooking Butter.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare of Nutmeg (optional).
Potatoes au gratin is a casserole recipe with layers of thinly sliced Yukon gold spuds and a cream Au gratin potatoes, on the other hand, are thinner, about ⅛-inch thick pieces and cheese is added to. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
Pastichio Au Gratin step by step
- Boil Pasta for about 20 minutes…drain, but keep about 1/2 cup of the water to add into the Pasta mix, then set aside to cool for about 15 minutes. In the meantime start the Bechamel sauce by first adding in the Butter and then the Flour. While stirring add in the Milk Salt, Pepper, Egg, Nutmeg and stir continuously..
- By now the Pasta has cooled off, add in the ingredients along with a 1/2 cup of Pasta water that was set aside, and 1/2 of the Bechamel sauce and mix. Top Pasta with some Cinnamon, butter, and the rest of the Bechamel Sauce, Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool before cutting..
This is now my go to recipe for au-gratin potatoes. Made this with Easter dinner and everyone's raving about how good they were. All Reviews for Parmesan-Crusted Au Gratin Potatoes and Onion. This healthy Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a clean-eating, savory, and easy upgrade to an old classic. Bake this savory side as a gluten-free accompaniment to your main protein.