Chicken Cutlets with Herbed Mushroom Sauce. Place flour in a shallow dish, and stir in chopped thyme and rosemary. Dredge chicken in flour mixture; shake off excess. Breaded Chicken Cutlets are sauteed with fresh herbs and mushrooms and simmered in a cream sherry sauce for an easy weeknight dinner.
Remove and keep warm while frying the rest. MUSHROOM SAUCE: Cook mushrooms and onion in butter until. Remove chicken from the pan add remaining butter, chicken broth, and garlic to the pan. You can cook Chicken Cutlets with Herbed Mushroom Sauce using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cutlets with Herbed Mushroom Sauce
- It’s 3 of thin sliced chicken breast (I use Perdue Perfect Portions individually wrapped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of sliced button mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of fresh sage leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
Some of the breading will remain in the pan. Drizzle the lemon butter garlic sauce over the chicken cutlets and everything else. The thick-sliced browned mushrooms and juicy chicken simmer in a flavorful and creamy herb sauce. It's perfect over your favorite pasta or creamy mashed potatoes.
Chicken Cutlets with Herbed Mushroom Sauce instructions
- Place each piece of chicken between plastic wrap and flatted to 1/4 inch thickness..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken.
- Add flour to shallow dish and add thyme and rosemary. I grind the herbs in a coffee grinder first..
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture and shake off excess. Chicken should be evenly but lightly coated..
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets 2 to 3 minutes per side until done. Set aside and keep warm..
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute stirring up browned bits for 4-5 minutes..
- Stir in vinegar and cook until liquid evaporates..
- Add chicken broth and sage leaves. Boil until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup..
- Remove from heat, discard sage leaves then stir in Dijon mustard..
- Spoon mushrooms and sauce over cutlets and serve..
Mushroom Chicken in a Creamy Herb Sauce: Mushroom chicken is all done in one pan which is so nice because my lazy side is always considering the dish factor. I'm loving skillet chicken recipes lately (if you have noticed, this is the third one I'm sharing in a row). They are quick, easy, and so versatile. You get perfectly seared chicken breasts that are covered in a rich and creamy, lightly herbed, perfectly garlicky, slightly cheesy mushroom sauce and together it. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise so that you have eight smaller, thinner chicken cutlets.