Chinese vegetable soup. As I said, I've always had a thing for tasty Asian soups. I love wonton soup, egg drop soup, and hot and sour soup is my favorite. My husband is half Chinese and his grandparents owned Chinese restaurants, so I feel like we could be considered experts in what's good.
First, they are clear soup, just like most of the other Asian soups. We never mash or blend the vegetables to make it creamy. Here we present the Chinese version, a vibrant recipe that is quite a contrast to the soothing Continental way of making this soup. You can have Chinese vegetable soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese vegetable soup
- Prepare 50 grams of bok choy (sliced).
- It’s 50 grams of cabbage (sliced).
- It’s 50 grams of nappa cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic (sliced).
- It’s 5 grams of CM ginger (sliced).
- You need 100 grams of chicken breasts (sliced with skin).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 450 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of fish oil.
Right from the choice of veggies like broccoli and bean sprouts, which are typically Oriental, to the addition of ginger and garlic, this Chinese Vegetable Clear Soup is a thorough example of Chinese cooking. Pour the hot broth into the soup mixture. Add soy sauce and rice vinegar. For a low-sodium diet, use low-salt soy sauce.
Chinese vegetable soup step by step
- 1. Sautee the ginger and garlic in oil, until brown and fragrant.
- Pour in water and place in the chickem.
- Add seasoning and sesame and fish oil.
- Cook chicken throughly.
- Once chicken is cooked place in the vegetables.
- Once the veggies are cooked ….. serve.
Stir in salt and pepper to taste or use a low-sodium, Chinese seasoning blend. Waitrose recipe for Chinese Vegetable Soup. Put bok choy, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, red pepper, red pepper flakes and broth into a large soup pot; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Chinese Lion's Head Soup "This is my family's version of lion's head soup, and for me, it is the best type of comfort food!