Veggie Breakfast Fritata. And it's a great way to add both protein and veggies to your diet at breakfast time. I made several and reheated them over the next couple of days to have a quick, veggie-filled breakfast before work each morning," Clare Schwemlein says. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe?
Vegetarian and low carb, this is a great recipe for make ahead meals and meal prep. Quick to make with simple ingredients. A vegetable frittata is the best way to make a healthy breakfast and eat it all week long! You can have Veggie Breakfast Fritata using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Breakfast Fritata
- You need 1 of zucchini, chopped.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Red chile flakes (optional).
- It’s 2-3 oz of shredded cheese.
- You need 10 of cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
Cast iron frittatas make a super healthy low carb breakfast , but they are also a great lunch or dinner option too, especially if you're looking for a vegetarian recipe… or if you love breakfast for dinner like I do. Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Baked Vegetable Frittata is the easy way to make frittata – just pour everything into a baking dish and pop it in the oven! Loaded with herb garlic roasted vegetables, take this to work, make it for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Veggie Breakfast Fritata step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 10" cast iron skillet on medium low with butter.
- Once butter is warm, spread butter up on edges of the pan. This will keep the egg from sticking later.
- Add onion, zucchini, and bell pepper. Let cook until onions have clarified..
- Mix together 6 eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Add baking soda to beaten eggs. You should see small bubbles forming..
- Add salt, pepper, red chile flakes, and any other seasonings your heart desires..
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Gently move veggies around to incorporate..
- Top with tomatoes and shredded cheese..
- Keep pan on heat 1-2 minutes until egg has started cooking around edges..
- Remove from heat and place pan into oven for 8-10 minutes or cooked through..
- Remove pan from oven. Let cool and enjoy!.
Use my frittata recipe formula to make this your own – try. Place the zucchini, peppers, and onion on a sheet pan. Italian-style omelets for stove top or oven. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.. Loaded with dark leafy greens and satisfying spuds, this vegetable frittata has everything you love about breakfast, all in one dish.